There is nothing more classic than a traditional oak bed. They are beautiful and timeless. The natural oak wood needs no special effects, the natural wood grain is emphasised by a simple lacquer, giving you that cosy rustic farmhouse look we all love.
The Chelford is made from solid American white oak wood. This is a super sturdy bed that will stand the test of time unlike cheaper pine versions, which usually have an ‘oak finish’ as opposed to being made from real solid oak wood. The strong sturdy features of this bed extend further beyond the frame, with the bed featuring thick solid wooden slats, and a metal central support bar. The metal support bar design means there are no extra ‘feet’ underneath the bed frame, making the Chelford perfect for under-bed storage. The bed frame is inspired by the classic shaker farmhouse style designs, with a headboard and low footboard. The low footboard is fantastic for making the room feel bigger, as it is not as imposing as a higher one.Features:
- Premium American White Oak Solid Wood Bed Frame
- Thick Solid Slatted base
- Sturdy and Durable
- Easy assembly
- Metal central support bar
- Traditional classic shaker style design with headboard and low footboard
- Natural wood grain with a simple lacquer finish
- Flat packed for self assembly - 3 boxes
- Mattress not included
Dimensions are approximate.
Double Bed (4ft 6"): Width 150cm x Length 203cm x 49kg weights
Headboard Height: 105cm
Footboard Height: 55cm
Material: American White Oak
All our bed frames fit standard UK size mattresses. If you have an EU size mattress it will not fit.
4ft6 UK Double: 135cm x 190cm / 4’6 x 6’3”
Key Delivery Information
- Standard delivery to Mainland UK is FREE & made within 1-2 working days. Charges apply for certain parts of Scotland, Ireland & Islands & 'Remote' areas as per the delivery Zones shown further below. These area's also take slighter longer to deliver to.
- If you choose the option to have a specific date for delivery then please inform us at checkout via the 'Delivery Instructions' box. (Please note that orders placed on a Friday after 12pm Noon or over a weekend would only be dispatched on the next available working day i.e Dispatched Monday for delivery the following working day e.g An Order placed at 4pm on a Friday would be dispatched on the Monday for delivery Tuesday- providing that it is not a bank holiday). Our warehouse does not operate weekends or evenings. We cannot guarantee specific times for delivery & we only deliver 'weekday' Monday to Friday between 7am & 7pm. Saturday deliveries are available to certain area's. If you select this option then inform us of the specific date you would like via the 'Delivery Instructions' box.
- Please ensure an up to date Mobile Phone Number is used at checkout as our couriers will text on day before delivery. A confirmation email & text is sent once your order has been dispatched informing you of day of delivery. Please ensure that somebody is home to accept the delivery as re-delivery charges may apply.
- Deliveries are to 'front door' only. Deliveries to apartments and flats may only be made to ground floor only dependent on access and time restraints. Certain larger more expensive items (i.e Large Sofas) are delivered by a two man delivery team who will bring the item into your house.
- Our couriers do not remove or take away your old furniture or unwanted items or the packaging.
(Zone A) England, Wales & Parts of Scotland (Standard FREE Delivery, Normally 1-2 Working Days)
- Delivery is FREE to England, Wales & parts of Scotland & Free Delivery is made up of postcodes not mentioned in Zone B, C. There is an option at Checkout to choose a specified delivery date or Saturday delivery for a small charge where applicable.
(Zone B) Parts of Scotland (£40 Delivery Charge, Normally 1-5 Working Days)
- Scottish Postcodes pre-fixed as follows: AB, DD, FK, KY, IV1-20, IV30-36, IV63, PA1-PA19, PH1-PH29
(Zone C) Northern Ireland, Southern Ireland, Scottish Highlands & Scottish Isles, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isles of Scilly (£90 Delivery Charge, Normally 2-10 Working Days)
- Northern Ireland (BT), Southern Ireland (Eire), Scottish Isles & Highlands (Postcodes including all pre-fixed HS, IV21-29, IV40-59, KA27-KA28, KW, PA20-PA80, PH30-PH50, ZE), Channel Islands (GY & JE), Isle of Man (IM), Isles of Scilly (TR21-TR25)
You must inspect the goods at the time of arrival as you will need to sign for the item accepting them as in 'good condition'. If items do not appear to be in good condition when delivered then they need to be inspected & if necessary the delivery refused. You can then contact us & we will try to resolve this. Items that are ordered & then no longer required must be returned at the cost of the buyer. Buyers have 14 calendar days to let us know that they would like to return an item for a refund (14 Day cooling off period). The cost of return must be paid for by the buyer. We can only accept returns in original packaging & in a saleable condition. Items not received back in good condition may not be refunded in full. In the unfortunate event that goods are received either faulty or damaged then please contact us & we will endeavour to rectify the problem. We comply with the latest UK distance selling regulations. Please note that most of our Mattresses are vacuum packed & once opened are very difficult to re-package for return. Our carriers will not collect opened mattresses due to size restrictions & health & hygiene reasons. Returns of mattresses that have been opened or used must be paid & arranged for by the customer. We will only refund these items if there is deemed to be a manufacturers fault. Be aware that new Mattresses can take a few weeks to 'bed in" before the customer adjusts to it. We stress you choose the correct mattress at point of purchase to avoid any possible issues.
In the event that you wish to return damaged or faulty goods you have 30 calendar days to let us know that you would like to return items for a refund. Our customer services team will reach out to you and discuss the various options available to you.